With some technical (new website!) and global pandemic delays, here is my selection of favorites songs from the first quarter of 2020.
Time has been an especially funny thing throughout the last few months since that coronavirus has kept so many of us from our regular schedule and kind of diverse events that help keep track of time. So it probably doesn’t even matter much that I’m only releasing my favorite songs from the winter quarter (January, February, March) of 2020 now.
After all, do you even know which day it is today?
Most of these songs were released in early 2020 – with just a few late discoveries from 2019.
List of my favorite songs from the 1st quarter of 2020:
- Destroyer – Crimson Tide
- PVA – Divine Intervention
- Overcoats – The Fool
- Andrew Bird – Manifest
- Best Coast – Everything Has Changed
- Kesha – Potato Song (Cuz I Want To)
- Megan Thee Stallion – B.I.T.C.H.
- Eminem – Unaccommodating (feat. Young M.A)
- Mac Miller – Blue World
- Pokey LaFarge – Fuck Me Up
- Little Big Town – Wine, Beer, Whiskey
- Drive-By Truckers – 21st Century USA
- Hailey Whitters – Ten Year Town
- Nathaniel Rateliff – Summer’s End
- Christine and the Queens – People, I’ve Been Sad
- Squirrel Flower – Streetlight Blues
- San Fermin – The Hunger
- Porridge Radio – Sweet
- Frances Quinlan – Your Reply
- Soccer Mommy – Circle The Drain
- Ellis – Fall Apart
- Phoebe Bridgers – Garden Song
- Eminem – Darkness
You can listen to the entire 1st Quarter of 2020 playlist on Spotify…
By now I’m already pretty deep into my favorite songs of the 2nd quarter, including quite a few songs inspired by this whole social-distancing, self-isolating weirdness of this season.
Want to hear something new? You can always listen in on the latest songs I’m checking out in my Latest… But Greatest? Spotify playlist.
Some delay in getting this playlist out to you was that I built a new website to accommodate both my photography as well and my blog post. In a way I basically merged my smugmug photography website and my blogspot/blogger blog (with over 1,000 blog posts published over 14 years of blogging). It’s been quite a challenge, and there’s still so much more to do to get everything working right.
This is the first public blog post from this new website. Feel like testing out the commenting feature?
Please tell me in the reply section below about one of your favorite songs of the year so far.