It took me a bit by surprise that almost all my favorite songs from the first quarter of 2018 have female vocals. Not sure if that says something about this season’s music and musicians or my state of mind. Some of the songs are late discoveries of 2017 songs – but most of the music I’ve only gotten into over the last month.
- Trigger Bang / Lily Allen feat. Giggs
- Drink About You / Kate Nash
- List of Demands (Reparations) / The Kills
- Rebel Heart / First Aid Kit
- Relay Runner / Loma
- Fireworks / First Aid Kit
- Need A Little Time / Courtney Barnett
- Hell-On / Neko Case
- Steppin’ Razor / The Kills
- Severed / The Decemberists
- No Roots / Alice Merton
- Giver / K.Flay
- Life In Pink / Kate Nash
- Hot Pink / Let’s Eat Grandma
- Make Me Feel / Janelle Monáe
- PARAD(w/m)E / Sylvan Esso
- Television Romance / Pale Waves
- Nameless, Faceless / Courtney Barnett
- The Hype / Shopping
Videos for a lot of the songs can be found in my Google+ Music Collection.
Listen to all the songs as a playlist on Spotify.